Holy Week Images: Holy Week, also known as Passion Week. This holy week begins with Palm Sunday. On this day, Lord Jesus rode on the donkey and entered Jerusalem. The people there welcomed Lord Jesus from the branches of the Palm, hence this is known as Palm Sunday. From this day begins the holy week which is till Easter Monday.
- Palm Sunday: On this day the Lord Jesus Christ made a victorious entry into Jerusalem.
- Holy Monday: This is the second day of Holy Week, on this day Lord Jesus cleaned the temples.
- Holy Tuesday: This is the third day of the holy week. On this day the Lord Jesus Christ imagined the temple to be destroyed.
- Holy Wednesday: On this day, Lord Jesus attended the holy meal of Passover with the people.
- Holy Thursday: JESUS PRAYS AT GETHSEMANE
- Holy Friday (Good Friday): On this day the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, this day is also known as Good Friday.
- Holy Saturday: It is the last day of the Holy Week. On this day, the body of Lord Jesus Christ was buried in the cave.
- Easter Sunday: On this day, Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead, that is, he was resurrected.
Holy Week Images, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Pictures
Easter is known as a period of fasting called Lent, in which many churches set separate times for repentance and remembrance. Lent fasting starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Good Friday. Pope Gregory 1 established a 40-day period using the 40-day pattern of Israel, Moses, Elijah, and Jesus.
The Son of God Jesus God fulfilled the prophecy and, through his death, gave the gift of eternal life to those who believe in his death and resurrection. Jesus returned for his disciples and continued to teach among them for 40 days.
Holy Week Quotes
- During Lent, let us find concrete ways to overcome our indifference. – Pope Francis
- Self-denial means knowing only Christ, and no longer oneself. It means seeing only Christ, who goes ahead of us, and no longer the path that is too difficult for us… Self-denial is saying only: He goes ahead of us; hold fast to him. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. – John 17:3
Inspiring Holy Week Quotes
- No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown. – William Penn
- For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God. – Ephesians 2:8
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30
Holy Week Sayings
- They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them. – Romans 2:15
- By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host. – Psalm 33:6
Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you – for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart. – St. Therese’ of Lisieux
Holy Week Wishes
- Merciful God, release us from the time of trial and oppression that we may witness to the eternal hope of grief becoming joy and life rising from death. Amen. – Unknown
- Eternal God, rock and refuge… we wait for revival and release. Abide with us until we come alive in the sunrise of your glory. Amen. – Unknown
Apart from the cross, there is no other ladder by which we may go to heaven. – St. Rose of Lima
Holy Week Greetings
- Are you capable of risking your life for someone? Do it for Christ. – Pope John Paul II
- Unless there is Good Friday in your life, there can be no Easter Sunday. – Fulton J. Sheen
Lent comes providentially to reawaken us, to shake us from our lethargy. – Pope Francis
- Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. – Genesis 2:7
- And he said to all: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. – Luke 9:23
- Do you wish your prayer to fly toward God? Make for it two wings: fasting and almsgiving. – St. Augustine